Sunday, November 29, 2020

Street encounters.

18 November 2020.

Encounter 1, Putu Piring stall.
Uncle refuses payment.
“No need. I know who you are. My grandson in JC watched your film about the barber shop. Now I have hope. Every time I cut my hair at the barber, I will remember how you made it possible for my grandson”.

Encounter 2, Singpost brudder on meal break.
“Next time make a documentary about us lah, the postmen”
I tried to catch his drift. And then I remembered the profile documentary I did about security guards early this year.
We both laughed.
“Don’t forget about us, ‘bang.”

Awkward encounters from random folks on the streets. Perhaps these are ones that are more meaningful than the ratings and awards. 

It’s one thing to be validated on the streets for your work but to get acknowledged while wearing a mask..!

Alhamdulillah.

No comments: